The Jaguar Land Rover Veteran Careers Program is designed to promote the hiring of qualified United States Military Veterans, Transitioning Military Service Members, and currently serving National Guard and Reserve Component Members in good standing at participating Jaguar Land Rover Retailers throughout the nation. Selection for the program is highly competitive in keeping with the tradition of professionalism found in both the Armed Forces and the Jaguar and Land Rover brands. The primary goal of this initiative is to recruit and train former military maintenance and repair technicians and mechanics to become brand-certified Jaguar or Land Rover Automotive Service Technicians. Veteran candidates must meet the requisite qualifications, experience and capability requirements, and be willing to attend a three-week long in-resident instruction and certification course upon hiring. Hired Veterans must further be willing to make a long-term commitment to their respective Jaguar Land Rover Retailer Employer.
* This employment opportunity is a DOL, GI Bill® Approved Level 2 Certified Technician Apprenticeship Program. Eligible Veterans may use their GI Bill® housing allowance, for the first year of employment.
The Jaguar Land Rover Automotive Service Technician core job description (After formal training & OJT):
· Performing assigned work as outlined on repair orders with efficiency and accuracy, in accordance with dealership and factory standards.
· Diagnosing the cause of malfunctions and performing repairs, if authorized by Service Consultants (for customers).
· Coordinating with the Parts Department to ensure availability of parts.
· Saving and tagging parts if under warranty or if requested by Service Consultants (for customers).
· Examining the vehicle to determine if additional safety or service work is required.
· Notifying Service Consultants if additional work is needed or if repairs/work cannot be completed within the time promised.
· Documenting work performed as directed by Service Consultants.
· Road testing vehicles to ensure quality of repair and ensuring vehicles remain clean.
· Keeping abreast of factory technical bulletins and attending factory-sponsored training classes.
· Keeping the shop area neat and clean and remaining accountable for all tools used.
· Understanding and complying with federal, state and local regulations, such as safety requirements, hazardous waste disposal, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other policies, procedures and programs as required.
· Wear appropriate PPE, to include safety glasses. Maintaining safety awareness at all times.
· The Service Technician will be required to work closely with others or independently, if needed.
· Dealership uniforms are required.
Qualifications, Experience and Capability Requirements:
Must be able to:
For additional information Contact:
US Army (Retired)
Automotive Technical Recruiter
Industry Management Services
Software Powered by iCIMS