Qualifications, Experience and Capability Requirements:
- Graduate from an accredited Automotive Vocational Programs (preferred, not always required).
- Have at least 3 years of experience working as a Technician in an automotive service department.
- Valid driver's license and a clear driving record
- Ability to pass the following pre-employment screening requirements (drug screening, credit score, Motor Vehicle record report and a background investigation)
- Candidate must provide proof of the successful completion of one year or more of full-time formal Vocational Technical Automotive Training in a private institution completed within the past five years. Transcripts are required.
- Completion of at least three years of experience in an automotive environment.
- Be able to provide a minimum of three good work references, with current contact information.
Must be able to:
- Operate power and hand tools and other types of machinery safely.
- Drive a manual transmission (for road tests).
- Read and comprehend technical instruction.
- Lift up to 50 pounds unassisted and operate hoist and test equipment.
- Sit, bend, stoop and/or stand for extended periods (up to 8 hours or more)and kneel, crawl, bend, reach, push, pull and maneuver in a shop environment safely and as needed.
- While most shops have a controlled climate and are well ventilated, must be able to work in an environment that may have exposure to: Petroleum products, dust, hot or cold temperatures, loud noises, strong odors (exhaust fumes) and assorted other distractors.
- Manual dexterity in both hands and the ability to manipulate small objects.
- Good communication skills and the ability to work with the public.
- Must be willing to complete mandated online training, as assigned during initial interview and screening process.
- Must agree to sign a third-party release for the purpose of sharing all candidate application and screening information with Jaguar Land Rover North America, LLC (JLRNA) and/or its affiliated Retailers.
- Must be willing to accept a minimum 12 month employment obligation upon hiring.
For additional information Contact:
US Army (Retired)
Automotive Technical Recruiter
Industry Management Services